Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

default knowledge libraries

Jump to solution

Normally when you click search knowledge, the knowledge search form is displayed showing checkmarks in all the knowledge libraries (knowledge, interaction, incident, known error, problems)

I was able to edit the KMSearchQuery script so that the checkbox is only on Knowledge lbriary by going to the "reorderKnowledgebase" function and setting the libraries to false that I did not want by default.  Now by default when someone goes to Knowledge Mgmt > Search Knowledge, the search only looks in the Knowledge library (it's the only item checked).  Users are able to select other libraries and search if they choose to.

But if a Service Desk rep is opening a new interaction and types in the description field then goes to More > Search Knowledge, it is defaulting to ALL the libraries not just the knowledge library.  Does anyone know how I can make it only search the knowledge library by default?  I would have assumed that going from an Interaction to More > Search Knowledge would have invoked the KMSearchQuery script but I guess I am missing something.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: default knowledge libraries

Jump to solution

I just stepped through this and it worked as expected when searching from opening a New Interaction. What version are you doing this on? The steps you listed are correct and should work for all areas.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I just stepped through this and it worked as expected when searching from opening a New Interaction. What version are you doing this on? The steps you listed are correct and should work for all areas.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response.  I am on 9.40

But since you said it worked for you (and I had thought it worked for me at one point) I just went and reindexed the libraries and now it is working as I thought it should.  I didn't think to do that until I saw your response that it worked so thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

You're welcome.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.