New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

determine the customize initiate form of related change ticket of incident ticket

Jump to solution

When I open a new change ticket, I must choose a category. So I can change the initiate form from the first phase of the category which I choose. If I want the user who open the new change ticket have the persistent initiate form, I can set the change management profile for the user(operator) and set the allowed category for the change management profile. Then different users have different initiate change forms.

But I can't find where to configure the initiate form of related change record of incident ticket when the user open it. The problem confused me several days. Do anyone have the solutions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

To stop the selection of Default as the change category:

When opening a change using the Related>Change>Open display option, the Process  screlate.cm3r.category is called. The first expression of that process sets the category of the change to "Default": category in $L.file=nullsub(category in $L.file, "Default")

This has been part of the OOB system starting with 7.10.

As to tailoring the workflow logic of the change module:

Change Management workflows and logic are completely configurable/alterable. You can define new categories with new phase workflows, different forms, etc. as needed. 

So far in SM7/9, I've not had a single customer use the OOB change categories and forms. The most common tailoring request I see for change is to use categories of "Emergency", "Normal", and "Standard" with different phases for each category.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

When users open a related change ticket from an incident record, it always set category to default. Someone knows how to control the action and change the category to the others? Then I can customize the initial form to specific users.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hello,

Maybe I did misunderstood you, but when I open a related change from Incident it offers me to choose any category I want from all possible change categories. It does not set it to Default.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

My HP service manager server release 7.10.023. Maybe your release differs from mine. And Thank you for your response.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Here is my HP SM environment:

HP service manager server   release 7.10.023

HP Service Manager Client   Version: 7.10.023 

OS:Windows Server 2003 sp2 standard edition 5.2 build 3790

DB:SQL Server 2005 Express

May I ask what's your HP SM environment?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral

Hello,

My system is HP SM 7.01.071, it is very deep customized but i remember that we did not touch related records creation logic. So you say that in your system after you click on Open change from Incident it did not open category list but directly creates change of the specific category.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for your help. I have a final question. Is it possible that customize the change management form without redesigning the application program?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral

Hello Johny,

What do you mean under customize a form? You mean form designer or you want to customize inner logic of the process?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,  Vadim Gorda

I want to customize inner logic of the process. Customers have need to do it. Now I can only customize incident management process, but can't customize the change management process.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

To stop the selection of Default as the change category:

When opening a change using the Related>Change>Open display option, the Process  screlate.cm3r.category is called. The first expression of that process sets the category of the change to "Default": category in $L.file=nullsub(category in $L.file, "Default")

This has been part of the OOB system starting with 7.10.

As to tailoring the workflow logic of the change module:

Change Management workflows and logic are completely configurable/alterable. You can define new categories with new phase workflows, different forms, etc. as needed. 

So far in SM7/9, I've not had a single customer use the OOB change categories and forms. The most common tailoring request I see for change is to use categories of "Emergency", "Normal", and "Standard" with different phases for each category.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi, J_Stagaman Can I modify the process "screlate.cm3r.category"? Or I can bypass the process? Sincerely, Johnny
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.