Highlighted
alchn Absent Member.
Absent Member.

enabling a few fields in a read-only form

Jump to solution

Hi all SM7 experts, I am new with SM7 and need any help I can get for help on a problem that I am working on. I got a main form for configuration item, inside this main form I got a tab, containg a few fields and a 'save note' button that call javascript to save inputs from these fields as service note(as supplimentary data to the main form's item).

During certain states the main form can be set to readonly, for example if the config item is closed or being validated. However the requirement is, the service notes should be able to be entered and saved regardless of the  main item's state.

So I am wondering if there is a way to make a few fields inside a main form that is set to readonly to 'bypass' the read only state of the parent form? The 'save note' button is right now always clickable though.

I understand that it would be easier to answer my question if I can tell how the main form is set to read only in the first place, which I am currently still trying to find out...

The whole thing could propably be better redesign to have the 'save note' button load a separate form for the note's input fields, but at the moment I hope to find a solution that will required minimum change to the existing design...

Any help is much appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Piku Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: enabling a few fields in a read-only form

Jump to solution
Hi,

Some time fields/form get in read only mode if the record is in closed or in some pre configured state. This might be controlled by the States records or display screen and will be overpowered you read-only conditions at form/FC level.

hth,
Outstanding Contributor.. Randall Harvey Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution
This would depend on if the read only is being enforced at the form object level, or if a different for is displayed, or if read only is being enforced at the formatctrl level, etc. I would check formatctrl under the Privileges section to see if update is limited there if you havent already.
0 Likes
alchn Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

It was make read-only on the form by displayscreen's IO field.

I believe there's no convenient way to make a few fields on such form to by-pass the read-only condition?

We had push this to a future work to be done, propably some screen re-design then. 

0 Likes
Piku Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi,

Some time fields/form get in read only mode if the record is in closed or in some pre configured state. This might be controlled by the States records or display screen and will be overpowered you read-only conditions at form/FC level.

hth,
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.