Absent Member.. Chubaka Absent Member..
Absent Member..

error in sm.log : Maximum of 100 entries in list for file: dept

Jump to solution
Hi,

I've got an error message in my sm.log

RAD W Maximum of 100 entries in list for file: dept

I tried the solution there http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1343778
but I still have the error.

Help will be grateful
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Audrey H. Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: error in sm.log : Maximum of 100 entries in list for file: dept

Jump to solution
Hi,

In SM7.01 OOB, the build.list RAD is used against the dept file in the Subroutines of the login.DEFAULT formatctrl, so if you have it there, you should be able to add a parameter to the bottom of the list to pass to RAD (see attached print screen) to increase the max value.

Audrey

0 Likes
7 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hi,

Which of the solutions in that thread did you try? Did you find where the build.list RAD app was being used against the dept file?

The default maximum number of records that can be returned when the build.list RAD app is used is 100. In this instance, it seems the build.list RAD app is being used against the dept file and more than 100 records are being returned. You should be able to find all instances where the build.list RAD app is being called against this file and if you don't use the resulting list for anything then disable or remove it, or do as John suggested and add the additional parameters (number1/200 or other numeric value).

Audrey
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Thanks for your return.

I added the number1 500 to fc of rootcause and knownerror. Without results...

And no, i didn't find where build.list was used against dept file.

How i can find everywhere the RAD application is in use ? I tried to use *afind.string to look for it but just find it was set up to another RAD application named pm.get.groups who seems to be the thing i search for.

The RAD application can not be modify so i don't have any solution.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. James Herold Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
You should be able to add number1 in Names and the value youâ d like in Values

If $MAX.RECS is not set (in panel init.var of build.list), then the default of 100 is set:

$L.maxrecs=nullsub(val(str($MAX.RECS)), 100)

If the number of rows returned exceeds the $MAX.RECS value, the maxed panel is executed in build.list:

$L.maxed.msg=scmsg(521, "us", {str(nullsub($L.maxrecs, 100)), $FILENAME})

I've attached a word doc showing these.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hi,

In SM7.01 OOB, the build.list RAD is used against the dept file in the Subroutines of the login.DEFAULT formatctrl, so if you have it there, you should be able to add a parameter to the bottom of the list to pass to RAD (see attached print screen) to increase the max value.

Audrey

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Thanks Audrey, my problem is solved with your solution.

Points for you !
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Thanks all for your returns
0 Likes
Established Member.. komatie
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hi

May I please have a look at the screenshot? I am facing a similar issue

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.