Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

gentNumb function with Process Designer

Hi,

I have problem with getting id on rootcause table. My HP SM version is 9.31 with Process Designer.

When I create new rootcause and I'm in "pbm.open" state, field "id" is null. Id is set only when I press "save". I want to have it set when I open format (like in incidents).

I would like to know which process set this id? I was looking on: fc, Process, triggers, ds, do... and still nothing. In previous versions of HP SM (without PD) I think it was set by RAD getnumb triggered by process.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

In our SM 9.40 environment with PD the rca.view.init and rca.save process records (RAD tab) control the assignment timing of a Number to the Problem record.

Which one sets the Number value is based off of the setting in Problem Management - Administration - Environment record.

So check/uncheck the box for "Delay Assigning Problem ID?" to your preference.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

I have already unchecked this but there is no difference 😕
I also tried to make print() in "rca.view.init" but it looks like this process is not being used.

I think it can be a bug in 9.31 version. I checked in 9.41 and it works fine there.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.