omeraydin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

how I can see all interaction with Ess

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I wanna see all interaction with ess link. how is it done? Please help me.

Thanks, regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a2drew Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: how I can see all interaction with Ess

Jump to solution

I was digging into this as well. I only want to give view access, but allow others to be able to search them in "Find Request". You can go to Document Engine > Processes and search for: sd.search. You can remove several of the lines to expose all the records. The problem that I ran into was that once you modify the process, it applies that to View Open Requests and View Closed Requests so that the results pull all interactions.

I currently have a ticket with HP on this, but is not yet resolved. BTW: John is absolutely correct so tread carefully.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

The ESS license allows an unlimited number of users access to their own tickets and is included as part of SM Foundation: the user can only update interactions where they are the primary contact/service recipient. Altering the ESS access to allow a user to edit additional tickets would likely be a license violation. If you want to grant read-only access to tickets where the user is neither the primary contact/service recipient, this may be permissable, but I'd get something in writing from product management. (This is not something you want to find out if it comes up during a licensing audit).

If the user requires access to and the right edit tickets generally, they should be using the index.do client. 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
a2drew Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

I was digging into this as well. I only want to give view access, but allow others to be able to search them in "Find Request". You can go to Document Engine > Processes and search for: sd.search. You can remove several of the lines to expose all the records. The problem that I ran into was that once you modify the process, it applies that to View Open Requests and View Closed Requests so that the results pull all interactions.

I currently have a ticket with HP on this, but is not yet resolved. BTW: John is absolutely correct so tread carefully.

0 Likes
omeraydin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.