ulto1 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

how can i check where variables are declared

Jump to solution

Dear all,

SM 9.30

I have a javascript in the triggers whcih contains $SDTRIG & $from_sd_to_inc (in the after.incidents.update trigger)

The script starts if (system.vars.$SDTRIG==null) {

... }

I want to know where this variable was declared... I check the format control of the incidents table, display options, display screen, almost everywhere but I cannot find anything related to that variable.

Can you please help.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
TomPowe Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: how can i check where variables are declared

Jump to solution

In your command prompt, type:  *afind.string

this will bring up a useful search tool.  From here, you can type in any string you are looking for and then specify a table in the dbdict, such as formatctrl, Process, links, displayoptions, etc  and it'll search through every record in that table. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
TomPowe Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

In your command prompt, type:  *afind.string

this will bring up a useful search tool.  From here, you can type in any string you are looking for and then specify a table in the dbdict, such as formatctrl, Process, links, displayoptions, etc  and it'll search through every record in that table. 

0 Likes
ulto1 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.