Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

how ot view what is happening between the ess.do and HPSM server

Dear HP Expert;

could you please advise how and where can I see what is going on between the ess.do and the HPSM server?

I have an issue when a user is requesting something using the web interface (ess.do) and need to see what is going on to find the cause of the problem?

regards;

AB

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: how ot view what is happening between the ess.do and HPSM server

What is your question actually?
- ess.do & index.do uses web.xml to do most of its part
- all the fields/links/fc everything is taken from HPSM server

If you want to track in the log, enable the parameter "debughttp:1" in sm.ini - this will give lot of information in sm.log file

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Snazz;

thanks for your reply; I'll try to rephrease my question, I need to see which application will run when a user uses ess.do to request from service catalog? for example which format control?

regards;

AB

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Trace the user with debugdbquery:999 parameter.  you can see all the queries being run and you can see which format control is being used.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.