Super Contributor.. soongwc Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

how proper restart HPSM service for linker and sch to resume it task?

Hi,

Do like to seek advice on how to properly stop and start the hpsm service so that service like linker, sla and sch process will resume it service?

Currently, when I'm restarting the service by going to window service and stop start the services.

But by doing so after restarting I notice I will have huge number of linker schedule in the sch not resuming it task.

This had cause some of the ticket to breach sla as ticket status is not updated. (my sla is in SD and status is updated by it related record; I'm using streamline interaction)

Regards

Soong 

Regards
Soong
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: how proper restart HPSM service for linker and sch to resume it task?

Hello Soong,

You can start a background scheduler from:

- info record (go to database manager and open format info.startup. If you add a new record here for your process, you will be able to see it in status monitor when clicking at "start scheduler" button. If you want to have it started when the system starts, you will need to add your process to the record named "startup" - however, an entry for the linker, sla, ... should exist here already.

- from command line:   

sm scheduler <class name> <wakeup interval [s]> <priority>

You can also add this command into the sm.cfg file to be executed at system startup.

The difference between both options is that the first will start the background process as a thread in the current process (you'll see the same process id but different thread id in the SM status monitor), while the second will start the background process as a process of its own (that you then can see on the OS as well, in SM status monitor now also the PID is unique).

When a background process is started, it looks first for non finished tasks from previous run - and executes this again. If this task cause the process to hang, it may hang again now. You will need to identify this task, backup for later analysis, and the remove it, before starting the background process again.

These tasks are records in dbdict "schedule" and you can identify one that is currently processed (or if the background process record is not running may cause the trouble) by searching for status "application running". The one with "scheduled class" of the name of the background process then is the one to be removed.

For more information, please refer to this documentation:

https://docs.software.hpe.com/SM/9.52/Codeless/Content/admin_tasks_guide/maintenance_knowledge/queue_dbdicts.htm

Best regards,

Armin Franke

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.