Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

how to add ess.entry to smin to open interactions upon receiving email (connect-it scenario)

Jump to solution

Hi All;

I need your help in how to to add the below elements to smin to be able to configure my inbound email scenario to open interactions in HPSM 9.40 upon receiving email, I'm using a connect-it 9.60, attached a screen shot of an old scenario used in my old server HPSM 9.30.

and the elements are

contact.fullname

callback.contact.fullname

ess.entry

callback.email

reported.by

title

------------------------------------------------------

regards;

AB

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: how to add ess.entry to smin to open interactions upon receiving email (connect-it scenario)

Jump to solution

Thank you for your help.

I solved the problem, it was a wrong database name in the configuration of the legacy service.

regards;

AB

View solution in original post

0 Likes
15 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: how to add ess.entry to smin to open interactions upon receiving email (connect-it scenario)

Jump to solution

Hi HPSM experts,

I didn't find a solution in the previouse threats but alot was talking about configuring smin in eventregistery and service management map in the eventmap, I did the configuration without anyluck, the configuration images are attched. can anyone help me to solve the problem.

--------------------------

regards;

AB

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hello,

what is the problem you are facing? You did not provide error messages/screenshots.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

hi Antz

the error screenshot is attached

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Alaa,

First I prefer that you use in the Connect-it the Service Manager WebService Connector. If you don't want to use it, then you have to do the following the add the 2 fields required.

1- Go to Tailoring -> Event Services -> Maps

2- Add the field that you want (input since it is fetching email) (Please check the snapshot)

3- Refresh the Connect-it scenario

4- Check if the field was added.

Best regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Ulto1,
thanks for your advise but after I did this the error still exist and it didn't work,  I forgot to attach a screenshot in my first massage!!!.

I'm attaching it now

Thanks
AB
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

your mapname is wrong in the eventmap!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Enzo;

thanks for your replay but what do you mean by my mapname is wrong in the eventmap ?

my map name is service management

regards;

AB

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

your eventregister name "smin" (event code) has to match with the eventmap (map name).

copy your event maps that you need from "service management" with the map name "smin"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Enzo,

thanks for your reply, and please note as per the attached screenshot my eventregister name "smin" is linked to the eventmap "service management" but still not working !!!

and please advise what do you mean by coping my event maps that I need from "service management" with the map name "smin"?

regards;

AB

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

yes...ok...but your Connect-IT szenario is pointing to "smin" not "service management"

so you have some options....

1. edit your connect it szenario (you can edit it in notepad++ or something similar) and replace smin with service management

2. create a complete new connect it szenario

3. rename your event map names to smin (and don't change your connect it szenario)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Alaa, & Enzo

I don't think the problem is if the connect-it scenario is connected to smin or service management because they are the same as you can see from the snapshot, but as Enzo said, you can give it a try.

Can you please post what is the error message that you are getting?

Also check the type of the field if you have added it correctly. (Please check the snapshot)

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.