UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

how to calculate resolve time of an IM

Hi,

we like to calculate the resolve time taken by the engineer for an IM.,..
0 Likes
13 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hey,

I guess the most simple place to make a calculation is a format control in a IM.close.incident and its "Calculations" section.

There's already one calculation which (at least in our environment) is:
resolved.by in $file=$lo.user.name;resolved.group in $file=assignment in $file;resolved.time in $file=tod()

So, you could add a phrase like to the end of that line like (remember semicolon):
$time_solved = evaluate(resolved.time in $file - open.time in $file)

Hope this is useful...
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.
i will check this and get u back...
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi can you tell me in breif manner to set this resolution time
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hey Pratap, did you find in format control of IM.close.incident the calculation line which starts with (or looks similar):

resolved.by in $file=$lo.user.name;resolved.group in $file=assignment in $file;resolved.time in $file=tod()

Anyway, you should find a similar row in your system's format controls, which reacts when IM is set to "Resolved" status. So, add this line at the end of that line:

;$time_solved = evaluate(resolved.time in $file - open.time in $file)

And are you using SM7.11 or...this hint is working in SM711, I've tested it already.

Points appreciated.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi,

thanks for your response...

am using Sm 7.01
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi,

how to enable this repair time option?..
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry, but I can't understand what you mean? It's not a switch but a line of code you have to enter manually into a format control.

I don't have access to SM7.01 anymore, but could you kindly check can you see the format control I've named? And are there any kind of line that is meant to react when ticket's status is changed to "Resolved"?

I need this info to be able to guide you.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi,

thanks for your response,

ill check and update you
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Need to find the resolution time for the incident and interaction.

We are using two step closure procedure for the incidents (Resolve and close). we need to find the timing between the status "open" to " resolved" status of an incident.

Also, If the engineer is in need of any clarification from the customer, we will push the case to " pending with customer" status or "pending with vendor" status. In the both cases, SLA clock will be suspended. i do not find any option to find the resolution time, is there any option to find the resolution from the status " open" to "resolved" excluding time taken for the pending with customer" status.

eg: SD00001 is created at 01:00:00 AM - status " open"

IM 001 created at 01:13:00 Am, now SD00001 status changes to "open linked"

Im 001 status is now in " work in progress" - SLA clock starts --

IM 001 status is changed to "pending with customer" - SLA clock suspended

IM 001 status is changed to "work in progress" -- SLA clock starts

IM 001 status is "resolved" - SLA clock stops

Im status is closed.

SD00001 status changes to "open call back"

SD00001 "closed"

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OK, your new description is a bit different from a topic starter...

I'm not with familiar with SLA configuration, but I searched through the help file and there was a topic named "Start or stop a clock from format control".

What I suggest is:
1) find that topic
2) put to format control "IM.update.incident" Validations tab a code help suggests so, that
* application apm.stop.clock will be run every time status in $L.file.save~="pending with customer" and status in $L.file="pending with customer"

and an other line to same format control in a "Validations" tab
* application apm.start.clock will be run every time status in $L.file.save="pending with customer" and status in $L.file~="pending with customer"

There's no guarantee this could work, but as usual, try to experiment with it. I hope someone else can help you if this is not usable.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thanks for your valuable support..ill check this and let you know...if it works or not, thanks a lot
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.