Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

how to change or update contact name dynamically across all modules ?

If I update a Contact Name from "test" to "test_123" then the new name should get updated to existing tickets in IM/ SD/PM/Change Module.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: how to change or update contact name dynamically across all modules ?

That's a lot of overhead...but you could try using Cascade Updates to manage that.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hey thanks for your reply, I am newbie to SM, it has been a just a month can you explain it pls
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Sounds like you are learning SM the way I did. These forums are a great resource, but can be diffacult to navigate. Especially when you start getting into much older versions or even different applications altogether. If you haven't found it, I have found some good tips in the Help Center. You should be able to download it separetly if it wasn't installed with your implementation.

In regards to you specific question: I had an issue where I created new fields for users in Change and realized much later that I did it wrong and needed to go back and update open and closed records. You may be able to use some of that to help with your situation. Just read through the thread because it evolves:

edit: Link to post

how to change or update contact name dynamically across all modules ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

still not able to find solutions can some explain what is cascading update??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I tried it in SM 9.4 version, if contact name is updated in contact table, then the contact name in the incidents table should be updated using cascading update, but itst not working
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I don't know about the cascade updating, but I ran searches in each module that I use then ran a complex update.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.