Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

how to customize attachment activity log

I want to add one more column in the attachent tab in change management. as attached the screenshot, like "attached by" column, I want to add the full name of the same operator.

I am using SM 9.34. Can you please help ?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Re: how to customize attachment activity log

Hi Experts,

Can I have any idea on this ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

The attachment object is a non-tailorable component. You could open an enhancement request with support. 

Note that in 9.4x releases (I don't have a 9.3x system to compare), the activity log tracks the user who adds or removes an attachment. 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Hi John,

Thanks for yuor reply.

I am working on SM 9.34 and activity log tracks the user who adds or removes an attachment but only on web not on client as I attached last. So, I was having a customer requirement to add another tracking field(full name of the user) with the exisitng logs.  Also, had raised technical question to HP. Below workaround I got but not clear to me. Can you please put some light on this ?

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM899825

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi sou02,

Operator details, Date & Size of the attachment are already available for Web Client as per the document shared by HP.
The solution provided HP Is only applicable for Web & if you need another field to be tracked in the Attachment tab, please do revert to HP with your requirement with the <Fieldname> & they might provide a custom patch with the new field added on Attachement Tab of Web client.

HTH.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Hi Sanzz,

Thanks for your reply.

As per suggestion by HP, I need to add one more column the attachment from FD, which I found not editable. Now, I have to fetch the user full name into this new field, from "SYSATTACHMENT" table after calculating the user full name from "sysmoduser" field which is there in this table OOB.

So, the question is  how to add a new field in "attachment" tab from FD where Its a non-editable single square block only.

And the next question is how to calcltae the full name of "sysmoduser" in "SYSATTACHMENT" table ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Dear Experts,

Any idea on this ?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.