Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

how to get an Response SLA report for interaction rcords

Hi,

What would we the easiest way to get an  SLT id.'s flag status in the export of reports.

i.e., we have and SLT id for interaction records which measures the time taken for change of "open" status to "work in progress" , if this time is within 30minutes the flag is achieved else breached.

we want to capture the monthly report of all records logged, howe do we get it.

Thanks and Regards

Hemant Vaswani

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: how to get an Response SLA report for interaction rcords

The results of every SLT are available in from the 

Access the SLM Metrics via the navigator:

SNAG_Program-0062.png

Select Process Metrics and a search form will display, you can enter the SLT number and  view the calculated metrics for that SLT. If you select any monthly result, you can also drill down to view the individual SLT results records which were included and for each ticket.

The table for the calculated monthly metric is slaresponse. For the individual ticket SLT results, the table is sloresponse.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

I had an unanswerable situation with my client earlier and couple of months ago  by using the above mentioned option. Even now again i checked, the scenario is same, wish if you could guide to help me understand the concept or solve my requirement.

the screen shot attached shows the counts as below :

Total Affected Records = 102 (including 41 breached records)

where as if i fetch the records using the option from : to do queue>search>select  (after & before date for month selection) > export to text file

the count is 127

how to interpret and understand this gap of 25 records (even the another SLT ID of response sla is sowing 102 total records)

Attached screenshot is for reference

Thanks and Regards

Hemant Vaswani

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

The SLO Results reflect completed SLO progressions for the period. The Todo table will include records for which the SLO is in progress/still running. (Records started in the current month for which the SLO carries into the next month before acheivement will be counted in the following month.

The number of records matching the SLO filter for a given month for SLO reporting may not (and should not necessarily) match the number of records opened in that month.

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

How do we convince this matter of fact to customer, could you please guide me in drafting some words.

As a business compliance requirement, customer wants to keep a cut off for 5th of every month, so we are required to show the entire count of tickets opened during previous month with details and status as on 5th.

Thanks and Regards

Hemant Vaswani

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

The problem is that SLT Achievement is based on SLT State and completion of the state transition. If the SLT is running, then it may or may not breach and the breach is determined by the end of the state progression. 

This is easier to explain with a sample Open to Resolved SLT. The reporting in the monthly results tables represents the records for which the record has been resolved, regardless of open time. This allows for the actual duration of the state progression to be factored into the metrics for mean/median/std deviation for the SLT. If you attempted to report based on open.time, the problem is that the reports have to be continually rerun as records were closed on later periods. The SLT metrics report on the records for which the SLT measured is closed to allow for stable reporting. 

You can pull the metrics from the results tables based on the start time for the SLT (so after the 5th of each month), but by doing so they will receive incomplete reporting every month, as in progress records at the time the report is executed will have to be excluded.  Imagine an outlier record which was opened on the 3rd of the month and was open for 55 days (perhaps it was suspended): the reporting suggested would completely miss that record because it was focused on open time and not the time the SLT state progression was achieved.

I normally see two approaches used in leveraging SLT data:

• Operational Monitoring of active tickets where dashboards or views are defined which focus on identifying tickets which are at risk of breach or which have breached SLT goals. 
  • Historical performance monitoring, which is aligned with the results tables in HPSM. The structure of results reported in HPSM is completely aligned with best practice and experience in large field organizations: it's a proven model for reporting SLT results. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.