Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. ulto1 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

how to handle license for Multi-tenant environment

Hi experts.
I need your advice in this one.
SM 9.52 (Multi-tenant)

How do you handle the license for this kind of environment. 
As you know when you purchase a license, this license is added to the old one & it's not specific for a particular client. 
For example let's say Customer A purchased 10 Floating Licenses & Customer B purchased 1 Floating license. But when I check the system status, I can see that Customer B has logged in with more than 1 License.
My questions are the following:
1- Is there a way to restrict Customer B from logging in if 1 license has been consumed? Because I think it's unfair for the other client because he has purchased more licenses & other customers are using from his license. 

2- Also is there a way to run a background process to run the system status every 1 hour for example & store its content to a newly created table? does anyone know where are the scripts related to system.status? 

If someone has faced this before, could you please let me know how you have handled this?

Thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
Regular Contributor.. osos Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Re: how to handle license for Multi-tenant environment

It is not possible to do this. sm will continue to consume licenses as they are available regardless the tenant.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: how to handle license for Multi-tenant environment

1: you need to develop this. You can create a function that counts the number of users logged per company. Then on login.Default you check the company of user that is logging in and in case it exceeds the limit you don't let the user in (just make sure to kill the user after sometime).. this is generic approach, you need to think a bit and design how to make it work for you but it's feasible.
2 - what contents do you need? Take a. look at https://docs.microfocus.com/SM/9.61/Codeless/Content/programming/system_language/reference/list_rad_functions.htm
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.