Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

how to have our own attachment section in Service Manager modules apart from out of box acttachments

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I have requirement to have another attacment section in my CMDB module apart from the out of the box attachment section.

when I go ahead and add a new my own tab with attachments, the issue i am seeing is what ever we are adding in one attachment tab is appearing in another attachment tab too, and it is happening vice versa too.

And as my requirement is to have seperate attachments tabs for different purpose and it should not have any duplicates and should be independent each other.

can any one suggest how can i achieve my requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

DMK

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: how to have our own attachment section in Service Manager modules apart from out of box acttachm

Jump to solution

From technical view, it's can not tailoring in app side, both need to enhanced in app, rte and clinet side.

Maybe you can request an ER to support team for attachment authorization supporting.  🙂

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: how to have our own attachment section in Service Manager modules apart from out of box acttachm

Jump to solution

There is no support for multiple attachment objects associated to a record. The relation of attachments to the record is based on the record unique key; it is managed by the Server RTE and is not a tailorable component.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

I think the answer should be OK.

You can ref the service catalog item<joinsvcdisplay>. (Service Catalog-> Administration -> Manager Catalog), there are 2 attachments stuff one is for attachment, another is for image.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

It is not possible to use 2 attachment tabs on the record/ticket. John has explained you the reason for it.

@ MickeyMi
The option you are referring to from Service Catalog about 2 different attachment types is different;
that form uses two different components from the Form Designer. One is "Attachment" & the other is "Image", they both are different clob values.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

@Sanzz You are correct.  

I need to double check with a RTE guy tomorrow.  🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Discussed with Client Team leader and RTE team leader. This requirment can not be supported. 

You can just use only one attachment tab in a form.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi All - Stagaman, MickeyMi & Sanzz, thanks for your information. Unfortunately there is not support to have multiple attachment tabs in SM, to fullfill my need.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

@d_m_k  may I know your business requirement why need 2 differnt attach tab ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi

my need is two different teams will be uploading the documents seperately and they need it seperately to show across the RFC workflow till end of RFC closure.

Regards,

DMK

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

So you want the team can only see the attachment they uploaded?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Yes, in respective tabs only resptive teams should see  & upload the stuff.

Thanks & Regards,

DMK

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

From technical view, it's can not tailoring in app side, both need to enhanced in app, rte and clinet side.

Maybe you can request an ER to support team for attachment authorization supporting.  🙂

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.