Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

how to prevent sending notifcation to a specific assignement group

Hi,

am using SM9.32 and the notification of a new incident is configured to be sent to the assignment group (when the incident is affected to an assgimenet group).

my question here, is how to prevent the sending of mail notification to a specific assigment group?

can i use this condition : (in note):

false and assignment in $L.file = {"x", "y"}

plz help.

Regards.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: how to prevent sending notifcation to a specific assignement group

I beleive that your condition will always evaluate to false (because you have it set to false) and so it would never execute.

Could you not say:

assignment in $L.file <>"X"

or

not assignment in $L.file isin  {"x", "y"}

I'm assuming you are not using Process Desginer?

Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

can you also mention what should happen when the IM is assigned to that Assignment Group(AG)?
- If it is configured to notify a Specific AG, what is the reason to overwrite this? Do you want the notification to be sent to another AG instead?
For your case, you can disable/false the Message line under Notification Definition.(in a non-PD version).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Use the condition

assignment in $L.file ~={"Assignment Group 1", "Assignment Group 2"}

This can be used for 1 to many assignment groups.  The condition will send to all groups except for the ones identified within the brackets. 

Works in version 9.30 which is what I am working with

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.