Super Contributor.. Amr_Salah Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

how to simulate background update

Hello Experts , 

as far as i know , there are 2 types of update happens to SM records background updates , and  foreground updates (direct manual )
i'd like to ask you how to manually simulate the backgrounds updates for testing reasons ? especially on incident management module  

thanks
Thanks and Best Regards
------------------------------
Amr Salah
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: how to simulate background update

Hello

As far as I know, SM allows us to trace background process. I don't completly understand your purpose about simulate:

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM480574

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I think he wants to force or manually trigger the background update to his record for testing purposes instead of waiting for it to fire.

I guess easiest way is to find the background process involved and reduced its time interval between it's firing.

Harder way would be copy or duplicate the background process into a script and fire it manually.

0 Likes
Super Contributor.. Amr_Salah Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

@Jas1 yes dear , thats my need exactly , i want to test , have a look to the screenshoot here , i wan to test the frist rule set group , but i do not know how to simulate this action 

Untitled.png

Thanks and Best Regards
------------------------------
Amr Salah
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

go to rad debugger and type: x $G.bg=true
finito 🙂
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.