New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

is HP Service manager 9.20 a single product or suite ?

Jump to solution

Is HP SM a single product or it comes out like a suite with Application modules like INCiDENT MANAGEMENT ., PROBLEM MANAGEMENT etc., built in .

and uCMDB is mandatory one for HP SM or it is optional..  Can u please provide me the guidance to continue on HP SM ...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Modules like Incident Management, Problem Management, Configuration Management, Change Management,... are all implemented together when the SM server is installed. Access to those modules is determined by the license acquired.

However there are many components to be installed when implementing SM:

SM server, SM Client, SM Web Tier (to use the web client), Search engine (for Knowledge Management), Service Request Catalog,...

uCMDB is a separate product. you can install it and integrate it with SM. it is completly optional.

SM has an inbuilt CMDB (Configuration Management module)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Modules like Incident Management, Problem Management, Configuration Management, Change Management,... are all implemented together when the SM server is installed. Access to those modules is determined by the license acquired.

However there are many components to be installed when implementing SM:

SM server, SM Client, SM Web Tier (to use the web client), Search engine (for Knowledge Management), Service Request Catalog,...

uCMDB is a separate product. you can install it and integrate it with SM. it is completly optional.

SM has an inbuilt CMDB (Configuration Management module)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks jad for creating me to understand what is HP SM . But i read somewhere like uCMDB is included in HP SM 7.11 right ? then you are saying like it is completely optional means .. what do u mean by that ?

You mean to say HP SM is a suite with the modules you mentioned right ? my understanding is ok or not?

My main intention is to know about HP SM introduction like How can we develop the applications using interfaces? and what type of interfaces it provides ..

can u please tell me the link where can i proceed to know about HP SM

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi, HP SM is a suite with the modules as mentioned by jad. HPSM and UCMDB are two seperate tools. HPSM is mainly for ticketing tool and UCMDB is mainly for centralised database for resources. Features and other parts are very vast to explain you here. "My main intention is to know about HP SM introduction like How can we develop the applications using interfaces? and what type of interfaces it provides .." HPSM has it's own syntax within. there are RAD codes and javascript ways available to communicate with internal processes of HPSM. It allows third party tool communication through web services also.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi, I just want to mention that HPSM and uCMBD are separate tools each with it's own application and database.HpSM comes with default setting for each module and you can customize it according to your requirement depending on licenses purchased as said by Jad. uCMDB track and stores all the info about infrastructure CIs and passes it to HPSM in case of integration of both. But as I know uCMDB is shipped with the HPSM suite and it is optional to use it and integrate with HPSM. hth,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Thanks pikutj.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi ,

Can i know what type of programming language the HP SM supports as the above said it has its own syntax..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
However HPSM is Java based tool but you did not use it for customization. Own syntax of HPSM means it has its huge and vast predefine,fixed set of statements,operators,functions, variables etc (somewhat like a programming language).But do not need to write some thing like a java program ,you have to learn the syntax and use them according to interface provided by HPSM itself.And you can also use JavaScript and RAD scripting to make complex customization it is something like programming language program but all would be HPSM specific. It is not easy to give exact perception of how it would be look -alike.Might some one have greater understanding and easy approach to present. Reagrds,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi SREE, In my suggestion, you install HPSM and play with it atleast for 1 week. Then ask questions.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Thanks a lot. understood better than before.

I came to know atlast that once we install HP SM we come to know the usage and all the things 😛
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Thanks abhijit. im gng to do that only now ..
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.