Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

isin - from several parameters

I have a query like:

category in $L.file isin $G.list1

How can i set query for several global lists

something like category in $L.file isin {$G.list, $G.list2} - this is to understand my idea (this query not work)

i just hope to make shoter line for this query.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: isin - from several parameters

Hello,

why not to use or?

category in $L.file isin $G.list1  or category in $L.file isin $G.list2 .......

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Because there is a significant restriction on the length of symbols in the condition field of the table slo.

That why i used GlobalList variable wich contain several assignments groups and one more GlobalList with list of incident category.

perhaps it is necessary to use a concatenation of two or more global lists in a new one.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Or may be there is any other method to separate slo for assignments groups.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I'm not 100% sure I understood your issue correctly, but you could create a JS script, which purpose is only to return an array off searchable items.

For example, I've a report with a following kind of query:

orig.date.entered>=(tod()-'365 00:00:00') and location isin jscall("myCode.getLocations")

JSCall section calls JS script, which purpose is to select certain locations and return an array of searchable location items to the query. Maybe this approach works for you? It should also remove the need of globallists, if you have no other purpose for them?

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Intresting idea but i don't see any difference JS and GL

in my case SLO based on assignment group wich selected in Incident (IM) and assignment group will not be reassigned..

Using a global list I decrease number of characters for condition filed in SLO

For example:

several assignments groups stored in one GL if this groups have same SLO

(so was: "Support team 1", "Engineer team 1", "Support team 2", "Support team 3" and became: $G.groupslo1)

and same for category list.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

You could implement a whole business logic in JS, not only the part that replaces globallists.

I haven't tested how it behaves when dealing with SLO, but the JS script can return either false or true depending of your business logic. In your SLO expression, you only need a call like

jscall("myCode.SLOLogic")

and the expression will be evaluated true/false as well.

Yes, I'm not sure if that solves anything in your case, but just wanted to rephrase my example. It wasn't just about replacing globallists, but moreover guiding to transfer business logic to JS.

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

it only remains to know whether the call of Javascript from the condition field of the SLO

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.