Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

link for Change Task in html notification emails not working

Jump to solution

We just deployed Service Manager 9.40 and for all tickets (incidents, changes, requests, request tasks) the html email that sends to the user that they have a ticket assigned to them has the ticket number as a hyper link.  The hyper links takes them to the ticket when they click on it. 

It works across the board except for Change Tasks.  For some reason the url for Change Tasks directs to http://test/ and gices "page cannot be displayed".

When I compare the course code for Change Task to the source code for Change which does work, they look idetical:

change task source code:

<p>Change Task <a href="{web_url}" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255); font-family: arial;" target="_blank">{$RECORD.number}</a> has been assigned to your group: {$RECORD.assign_group}.</p>

change source code:

<p>Change Task <a href="{web_url}" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255); font-family: arial;" target="_blank">{$RECORD.number}</a> has been assigned to your group: {$RECORD.assign_dept}.</p>

Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Re: link for Change Task in html notification emails not working

Jump to solution

Thanks Ernesto, I had caught that right after I posted and forgot to come back and say so. 

There was a test value set there and I am not sure why.  I was able to copy the statements setting the web_url from another notification and get it to work correctly.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Did you take a look at Expressions tab before the HTML source in htmltemplates record? maybe a test value was assigned to web_url var there...

Regards,

Ernesto

Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks Ernesto, I had caught that right after I posted and forgot to come back and say so. 

There was a test value set there and I am not sure why.  I was able to copy the statements setting the web_url from another notification and get it to work correctly.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.