Highlighted
ALARMus Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

logout user from SM by timeout

Can you help with next problem ?

Often the Approver cant approve the request bcuz get message that request locked by other user (which already approved this request and close browser).

0 Likes
10 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: logout user from SM by timeout

You  can configure the inactivity timer to terminate session that are idle for user defined period of time

https://docs.microfocus.com/SM/9.60/Codeless/Content/admin_tasks_guide/capacity_planning/setting_up_inactivity_timer.htm#_Toc459765196

Acclaimed Contributor.

Thank you.

I tried this:

After modifying your system level inactivity timer settings, you need to restart the inactivity timer as follows. Click System Administration > Ongoing Maintenance > System > Start Inactivity Timer. The inactive.setup.g form opens. Modify the settings as needed. Click Save.

Service Manager displays the message: The inactive process has been set up to look for users idle after minutes.

But i have no SAVE button (only Reset Inact, Stop Inact, End and Delete Inact)

And also after i set new time, must i restart SM service ? (i did not do that while and i see some operators with inactive time more than i set)

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

You don't need to restart. It might take one minute or two more to kill the sessions.
You can check if it's running properly on the schedule table, look for Inactive and you can also take a look at the sm.log
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

You mean i need find schedule record.

I searched for schedule table and found next record:

name=Inactivate user after 30 minutes.

class=inactive

Application=kill.inactive

Repeat Interval= "nothing is selected"

Expiration=23/08/19 09:05:45

And Expiration time is not chanhed, here set the time when the button "Reset Inact"  was pressed in "Start Inactivity Timer".

0 Likes
sanyada185 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

you can overcome this problem by disabling locking on the object of the module

for ex: go to DB -> search for object -> search for request table

go to Locking tab -> un check Use Locking and parent locking filed, save and exit.

Logout and login, now try to replicate the issue, it will work as record will not be locked by any user.

Also to set inactivity timer, got to System Administration -> Ongoing maintenance -> Systems -> Start inactivity timer

set the values and click on Start intact. this will create a inactivity record in shc table and this will auto monitor any user for the inactivity time defined.

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I need auto logout any users from SM by inactivity (for example in status i can see column with inactivity time, need logout user after 30 min inactivity)

I found in System Administration -> Ongoing maintenance -> Systems -> Start inactivity timer

and set there 30 min, but i have no START inact. button, only reset and stop. After i set reset inact there i see 2 things:

1) created new record in sch with my new time 30 min, but with fixed date in Expiration filed (I figured it should change at a specified interval in field Repeat interval)

2) when i check it in status, i see many lines with users wich have IDLE TIME more then 30 min.

0 Likes
sanyada185 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

What is the version, also can u check for an new user who is logged in and see if the inactivity timer is taking affect for him or not?

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

From status line i did kill users sessions with idle time more than 30 min.

Now i see many users with idle time more tnan 30 min again.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

At 9.31 the schedule runs every 5 minutes. So it's normal to have someone up to 37 minutes. If you want you can reduce it to 1 minute and you can have users till 32. Do you have users idle for longer than that?

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Just looked at the status, there is users with idle time: 15 hours, 1 and 2 days,...

By the way why do I need a parameter in the sm file.ini ? (sessiontimeout:3)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.