MATPAT Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

map custom cat,subcat,area for Non-cart item Interaction ticket

Hi All,

I am having SM 9.51 and having issue while mapping category,subcategory,area for Non-cart Support Item since i came to know i can achive below requirement by doing this.

Requirement:
When user selects any non-cart item (service item) and submit request, SM should raise Service Desk Interaction ticket which should follow approval process. Also once interaction ticket gets raised, custom interaction category,subcategory,area gets mapped on ticket.

Actions/steps performed:
1) Created Non-Cart Category (i.e. End User Management), screenshot attached
2) Under this category created non-cart item and saved it. (i.e. Desktop Support), screenshot attached
3) Opened this non-cart item and checked support Item flag on this ticket, screenshot attached
4) Providing Category,Subcategory,Area under this item and saved it, screenshot attached
5) Opened this non-cart item and trying to unchecked support Item flag on this ticket however getting error. screenshot attached

6) Checked format control of 'svcCatalog' (here got similar validation so removed) and 'svcCatalog.item' (no similar validation found). However getting same error

Need to help from expert:
1) How can i achieve the above customer requirement
2) Where and how can trace and disable the error validation which im getting.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Super Contributor.

Re: map custom cat,subcat,area for Non-cart item Interaction ticket

Pls reply and share your valuable suggestion as its urgent.

0 Likes
SandyAdmin Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

After your step 1 and Save. Try to these steps using wizard.

* Open the Parent Category - End User Management

* Got to its TAB - Items/Bundles in this category

* On the bottom part - Click on Add Item in this Category

** Follow the Wizard.. 

- Select (New Item)> next> Define (name, display name, Description etc.) > Next

- Define Category, Area, Sub Area (Make sure to select from the list and avoid manually pasting the values)> Next

- Select the Connector -(Open an Incident) in my case> NEXT

- Select Assignment, Service> Finished. Your new item under the parent category should be added now and is automatically tag as Support and Non-cart item. No need to manually check it as Support item.

Note: I'm using lower version 9.x. But I could recall such issues if not properly using wizards. Hope this will help.

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Hi Joven,

Thanks for suggestions.

In my environment, i am trying to create non-category category and non-cart item under it.

As per step suggested by you, i checked and using 'service desk interaction' connector where im not getting below option.

- Define Category, Area, Sub Area (Make sure to select from the list and avoid manually pasting the values)> Next

Also when new non-cart service item under the parent category gets created and is not tag as Support item automatically. Pls check and suggest further

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Kindly also check as you cannot mix under 1 category those items available for cart and items for Non-cart. 

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Hi Joven,

Category is non-cart and items are for non-cart (service item). Then what need to check further..?

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Please try following this help file step by step guide of creating non cart category and items. I was able to have this without issues on my 9.3X environment.

1. Non Cart category

2. Non Cart Item

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.