Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

next super strange task - i have dbdict record but no oracle table - how say SM i want to create

... table from current record?

0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: next super strange task - i have dbdict record but no oracle table - how say SM i want to create

screenshot to the studio please (with tabs)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: next super strange task - i have dbdict record but no oracle table - how say SM i want to create

ALARMus what do you want to see on screenshot? ordinary dbdict record or oracle error in message window?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

If the dbdict already exists there is no way to force SM to provide you the DDL query; just create it in your oracle database making sure you use the name defined in tab SQL Tables.

As information:

During creation/modification SM show you the DDL and ask if you want the tool to execute it or if you will do by yourself; either way, check the parameters bellow. It will create a log for you for each and every modification.

sqlddllogging:1
sqlddldirectory:<path>

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I mean dbdict for this table in SM and Tables tab.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

It's what I told you, U can't. Or you recreate the dbdict from the scratch or you create directly the database on oracle.

Regards,
Breno Abreu

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

this i can do but interesting way is set up right variables and press ok.

one more way - up REST service on oracle and send creationing script to it. but...... right way - use SM itself.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I didn't understand your comment. 

When you are creating or modifying dbdict after press OK, the normal flow is:

SM shows you a screen with the DDL and two buttons: one to let SM execute it; one to inform SM that you will be executing the table creation on database by youself. 

You have an atypical situation that I don't know the cause. It may be due some problem during the dbdict creation; or because SM users have no rights to create objects; or something went wrong during the table creation (any different reasons); or whatever. The fact is that you. have a dbdict without the corresponding table.

From my perspective, with the information that I have you can (from easiest):

1 - Try to see if the table is created when you copy the dbdict. In a normal way, it's (without asking)

2 - Create new dbdict from scratch.

3 - Create the table on the database directly. no need REST service; you just need to create the DDL by youserlf, connect to the database and execute it.  

Regards,
Breno Abreu

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

the task is - you have dbdict record and no relation table in database - need to create table using SM itself no more.
other ways  - no ways ))))

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

As i understand you have no access to DB to do anything there, that why you can use only SM ?

- You can try create again (in SM) - if you have not much fields in this table. 🙂

- I'm not shure if it can help - use copy\rename or add new field in table

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

i want to prevent user to access to DB and Admin in SM but they should have possibility to load new versions from developer to system without my collaboration. Codes and descriptions saved not in unl format and cannot be load through Database Manager.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.