Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

pending approval to be flown to next phases

Hi All,

we have a customer requirement to define a work flow, where there are 7 Phases Like Logging, Analysis, Approval, Exe Planning, Execution, Testing and Clousre.

Now the requirement is lets assume CR in Approval Phase and there 6 pening approvers, two approvers approved in approval phase, user needs an option to move it next phase i.e Exe Planning,.

we have enabled a manula transision in the workflow from Approval to Exec Plnaning and given ChangePhase as a button, but when i am performing this option approval are getting cleared. I know approvals are specific to each phase, but in my scenario, pending approvers and approval should be carry forwarded to next three phases, where pending approver can approve in Exe Planning, Execution or Testing Phase.

This will be used when there are emergency CRs to be executed by taking verbal approval and approvals will happen later phases to regualrize CRs.

This we have achieved in 9.30, but 9.6 there is no option to use DO.

Please advise,

Thanks,

Narendra 

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: pending approval to be flown to next phases

Hello Narendra,
Thanks for your question.

This sort of customizations are now done by Workflows since Process Designer was added to the core.
This is why you are not able to accomplished it using DO.

I am adding information from Help Server to assist you with your Workflow transitions.

Workflow Transitions
Configure transitions between workflow phases
Configure a workflow
Create a manual workflow transition
Create an automatic workflow transition

Hope this helps!
BR!

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the Thumb and show your appreciation.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,

I checked in the process designer, there is no option to select what action trasisiton should perform, whether it is close pahse, svae pahse etc...

Thanks,

Naren

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Unfortunately you won't be able to reach this using standard functions.
As you already noticed the approvals are phase related.
A good workaround for me seems on the movement to next phase, you save in variables $pendingApproval1, 2, 3... the approvals pending and on the following phases you configure another approval that use this fields. If they are empty no approval will be require, if they are filled, new Approval will be created.. you need to mind the notifications on this cases.. but seems easy and clean solution to me.
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, let me try this out.

Thanks,

Narendra

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.