Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
BAG_Ass Absent Member.
Absent Member.

prevent "u have unsaved changes"

Hi!

I need prevent to apper message "u have unsaved changes....." for devices.

Early i used backnosave action but unfortunately for next and previous buttons no action "nosave"

I think there is a variable to check saved data or not but i don`t know its name.

Thanks.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Absent Member.. lisajo Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: prevent "u have unsaved changes"

Hi Bag_Ass

What version of SM are you running?

Thank you

LIsa

"HP Support
If you find that this post or any post resolves your issue, please make sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
0 Likes
BAG_Ass Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Lisa - 9.33
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi BAG_Ass

Try this

Go to Display Option cc.edit.incident
in the Rad Pre Expression Tab, change the line:
 if (not $G.bg) then ($update.action={};$sm.activity=NULL)
to
 $dummy="if (not $G.bg) then ($update.action={};$sm.activity=NULL)"

Save the DO.

2. Go to Format Control SD.update.interaction
Add a line under calculation with
initial = true
calculation=if (not $G.bg) then ($update.action={};$sm.activity=NULL)
Save the FC.

Thanks

Lisa

"HP Support
If you find that this post or any post resolves your issue, please make sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
0 Likes
BAG_Ass Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Lisa.
I checked $update.action and $sm.activity for DEVICES and JOINDEVICES and both of them equals to NULL before save and after doAction("save").
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Bag_Ass

Look @ this discussion

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Service-Manager-Service/popup-You-have-unsaved-changes-for-record-Save-them-now/td-p/5750315#.U4yf-igvB3s

Thank you

Lisa

"HP Support
0 Likes
BAG_Ass Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Lisa!
i read this thread. And i don't know how it works - when i use doAction("save") inside my script i should anyway make save when i already saved data cause some calculations execute when i didn`t want to execute them? OR i should take into account that when i started doAction("save") from script and this action goes to display option, NOT PROCESS, to take condition from it?
Anyway thanks. I`ll try add variable to conditions of FC to prevent work them second time.

0 Likes
Highlighted
BAG_Ass Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Lisa!

I checked FC of DEVICE and found only one record that can change data - i disabled this record. Nothing changed (((((

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.