Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

problem scheduler is creating Incident & Change Records :: How to troubleshoot?

Hello Experts,

In our environment, suddenly since last 1 week, problem scheduler is creating Incident and Change records regularly at a particular timeframe. I have gone through Activity Log. Nothing much info is there. Gone through sm.log file as well. I haven't got anything over there as well.

Would you please let me know how to troubleshoot further if something is wrong in scheduler part?

I am not getting any hints where to start and how to go ahead to resolve the issue? Please let me know your valuable inputs regarding the same.

Regards,

Avi

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: problem scheduler is creating Incident & Change Records :: How to troubleshoot?

Add trace parameters to the problem process (at least an rtm:3), find an occurance and back trace it. The process work linearly, so ou should be able to trace back why it started once you know when it created a new record.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: problem scheduler is creating Incident & Change Records :: How to troubleshoot?

Sounds like a job under Schedule Maintenance. See if something under there was created recently.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Thanks for both of your quick replies.

Josh_MM >> I can't add trace parameters onto our PROD ENV. So, in that case, I will have to wait till next DB Refresh for QA ENV and unfortunately that will be done in next month.

TomPowe >> Could you please let me know more about the same. I mean I searched in scheduler Expert Search, but didn't get anything regarding Schedule Maintenance. Do I have any other way to find in my system if I am haivng any Scheduled Maintenance job running?

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,

Avi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

From the HOME menu, it can be found under System administration - Base System Configuration - Scheduled Maintenance.  It's the patcotask table.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

As an FYI, you can stop the single process, add the parameter to the Problem process only, run for a bit, stop and restart without parameters. This will have no impact on your prod environment and doesn't require a restart.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.