Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

probsummary stuck

Hello,

One of my customer has a very strange issue.

After DB upgrade from SQL 2012 to SQL 2017 the probsummary table only gets stuck (Cannot view, insert or update any record) on random intervals (some times every 1 day sometimes every 3 days) issue being resolved after application restart.

Issue is not reproducible and the system has deep customization

Service Manager Version --> 9.63

OS --> Windows

any guidance? 

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: probsummary stuck

We had similar issue when upgrading to 9.63. Our issue was due to IR Upgrade. Not running the IR Upgrade will cause issues. We were able to duplicate issue by using the Text search capability. Issue for us started when user attempted to search tickets by using the Text search capability. Did you make the necessary changes for running irupgrade? All worked great after running the irupgrade correctly.

Joe

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

thanks for your reply @nolejj , currently, I'm disabling the IR and I tried searching using text, it gave me "no incidents found" message.

do you recommend enabling the IR?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Platform 9.63 upgraded the IR search capability to perform indexing directly from the database. You can disable the IR indexing, but that would mean you cannot use the "Text Search" capability. For upgrading IR, you will need to read the install steps. Depending on your database type, there are certain database permissions you need to grant to SM accounts. There are also SM fields you need to update from NVARCAHR2 to VARCHAR2 prior to running the IR upgrade (explanation in document). The upgrade instructions have the steps. Search within the document for "upgradeir".

Joe

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hi

issue is only with text based search?

if you want to use text based then enable IR and regenerate IR keys using below document

https://docs.microfocus.com/SM/9.60/Codeless/Content/database/tasks/regenerate_ir_keys.htm 

Regards,

Madhan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

after installing a fresh SQL server issue didnt appear for about 2 weeks but happened again.
currently IR search is not enabled.
any suggestions?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.