ramamoorthyshal Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

"Change Notify Sched", From where this has been getting triggered in SChedule Records?

Hi Experts,

Currently we are facing an issue in Change aproval Phase.

The steps to reproduce an issue is, 

open a change "C12345" which is in approval Phase, update any field and click on save.

It saves the record. go to  Scheduler, "Change Notify Sched" will occur in list,  expiration date will be current time only.  so once i refresh, it will go away. then come back to change "C12345" which is already kept open after clicking on save,. again if i update and click on save I am getting an error.

The record being updated has been modified since read (cm.update.save,update.record)

this is happenning only in Approval Phase. Other Phases are working fine.  Suppose If i Close that change "C12345" and open again, update and click on save, its working fine that time.

To say shortly, In approval Phase, its allowing me too save the record only once. Some process is locking the particular change. I have checked scheduler but still no use. I can see only the above mentioned scheduler when i click on save.

What is the purpose of "Change Notify Sched" and where it has been configured? Is that necessary?? if not how to stop that.

Also, Please let me know, if any one knows how to resolve this issue??

Thanks in Advance ,

Regards,

Shalini R

0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: "Change Notify Sched", From where this has been getting triggered in SChedule Records?

I believe that Change Notify Sched is the legacy (seriously ancient) cmmessage application. Way back, a long time ago, change management had it's own messaging engine and it's still in the system for backwards compatibilty. If you check the phase definition record controls, the last contol is for Messages. This control specifically will enable/disable the legacy cmmessages--it does not impact anything else. Make sure that condition is set to false for all phases.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.