Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

"Favourites and Dashboards" how to sort items ?

Hello.

My client asked me how to sort items in his "Favourites and Dashboards"

Something what begins on letter " I " is in the middle - something below.

How to sort it ?

Any idea ? I dind't found any option.

Thx for info

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: "Favourites and Dashboards" how to sort items ?

This is described in HelpServer:

Help Server chapter "Get started > Navigating the UI > Menu item order in the System Navigator":
By default, menu items in the HPE Service Manager System Navigator are displayed in ascending alphabetical order. You can disable this option so that menu items are displayed in the order in which they arrive from the server. Additionally, system administrators can group menu items to make it easier for end users to navigate within the system.

In the web client, the alphabetical sorting of System Navigator menu items is defined by the sortNavItems parameter in the web.xml file. The default is "true" (enabled).

In the Windows client, the alphabetical sorting of System Navigator menu items is defined by the "Sort menu items alphabetically in the System Navigator" option. To configure this option, click Window > Preferences > HPE Service Manager > Appearance.

Help Server chapter "Get started > Navigating the UI > Change the System Navigator menu item order option
Web client":

To change the System Navigator menu item order option in the web client, set the following parameter in the web.xml file:

<init-param>
   <param-name>sortNavItems</param-name>
   <param-value>true</param-value>
 </init-param>

The default value of the parameter is "true" (enabled).

I hope this helps and explains the behavior.

Best regards,

Heike

Thank you for using the MicroFocus ServiceManager Support and News Forum. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.