Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

"This record has been modified since you loaded it. HP Service Manager has loaded the latest record"

Jump to solution

Hello experts,

I know this is a "classic oldie" and it has something to do with processes running in the background (in our case, probably related to the Release Control application) but it is really becoming a nuisance in our non-production environment specifically.  I'm currently testing a new Change Management workflow in our QA environment (which is the closests to our production system) and this message appears constantly.

I can deal with it, but the users that are going to be testing this are really going to complain about it.   Any way that I can minimize this issue?  I'm enclosing a trace I just generated while testing the process I referred to above and the last two instances of this message are in line 35246 and 28800.

Thanks in advance,

Ulises

PS: Okay, this is weird.  I was unable to attach the trace!  I got a message that says that I can only attach jpg, gif and png files. How come?  How do I share a trace then?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: "This record has been modified since you loaded it. HP Service Manager has loaded the lates

Jump to solution

Hi, Can you please share if your issue is resolved ? If yes then you can post the answer here, it ll help others too. If not then you can log a case with HP Software support or Professional Services for customization requests.
Regards,
HPE Software Support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: "This record has been modified since you loaded it. HP Service Manager has loaded the lates

Jump to solution

Hi Ulises,

Try changing the extension of the file as jpg and i will change the extension back to txt or log.

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Kmilo,

No, that doesn't work.  Apparently the system know what is contained on the file even if I change the extension and removes it.

Regards,

Ulises

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Ulises,

Can you please send the two lines that appear to be related with the problem?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Line 35246 and 28800.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

If you are using SLM for CM tickets, one thing you can do is to make sure that the SLAs run in the foreground.

db - slamodulecontrol - cm3r - Check, Run in Foreground.

Let me know if you are running codeless as we set-up a refresh rule for CM's that eliminated the issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Ulises,

I was hoping to see lines like:

RTE D (0x0CAE5270)      DBACCESS - Cache Find   against file scmessage found 1 record (syslanguage="en" and class="us" and message.id="98")

The message above does not mean that a message has been displayed.

If you take a trace with RTM:4, there should be a line like:

RTE D Got symbol $L.swap.data.msg          with old value of: This record has been modified since you loaded it. HP Service Manager has loaded the latest record for you.

Also, there should be lines that contain:

with old value of: cm3r={[{["C34618"

Take those lines and compare them along the trace to detect what has been changed.

If something has been changed, then the behavior is pretty much normal if the locking has not been enabled.

Best regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Larry,

I did that, but it's still showing that message...and no, we're not running codeless.

regards,

Ulises

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi, Can you please share if your issue is resolved ? If yes then you can post the answer here, it ll help others too. If not then you can log a case with HP Software support or Professional Services for customization requests.
Regards,
HPE Software Support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.