Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

receiving error "fetched column value was truncated" when trying to open CIT scenario

We have a well established CIT scenario that reads our Sales database and uses the data to import contact records.  Sales database is Oracle.  SM version is 9.30.289.

The oracle connector has a main table with several linked tables.  The scenario is run via a scheduling application, so we didnt know there was an issue until one of the helpdesks pointed out that they are not getting new contact records.

The error received is:   ODBC error: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01406: fetched column value was truncated\n SQLSTate: S1000

I cant even open the source connector because of this error, to review any of the mapping.

The DBA says that there were two columns added recently to a table I dont even use (though I do use a view that includes part of that table).

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: receiving error "fetched column value was truncated" when trying to open CIT scenario

Any recent database upgrade? Seems it's an oracle bug: http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_ora_01406_fetched_column_value_was_truncated.htm
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.