ALARMus Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

resend email notification best practice

What is the best practice to make periodical resend email notification to approvers (if request are still pending)

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: resend email notification best practice

Hello ALARMus,
Thanks for your question.

I have found these, hoping they could help you on this:

Status and notifications

SM Email solutions

BR!

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the Thumb and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. Jacob Heubner Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

I'm not sure about 'best practice' but...

The challenge in our company is that, while some changes reach the approval phase with several days' lead time, with the natore of the organization, some changes were reaching approval only hours before they are scheduled to be implemented. Since we couldn't come up with a time period that made sense, we made a function within the application that could be invoked by the Change Cooridinator or any members of the Change Management team that would send out an email reminder, and then track in the activity of the change that the reminder went out.

we built something that looks at the current.pending.groups and grabs recipients based on who has yet to approve, and then sends an email with reminder text and a link to facilitate the approval action.

Don't know if that's what you're looking for, but that's how we solved it

0 Likes
ALARMus Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Thnx for answers.

Jacob Heubner, intresting but this is manual notification by email.

Jose, we have alredy notification by email for approvers.

But now i need add additional notification for approvers who still pending, for example, when after previews(1st) notification have passed 2 day (or any other period) if next 2  days have passed then send 3d notification ......

As i see this task:

When make 1st notification add scheduler with date-after 2 days and check there if in this OCMQ(number) approver still pending then send notification and reshcedul for next 2 days.

May be there is other methods

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I think your solution is quite good 🙂

The default solution would be alerts, but it's not easy/straight forward to configure a 'forever recurrence' there 🙂

Additionally you can also create a custom script and schedule it daily or anyother timeframe that makes sense to you, to check the records pending approval and send a summary to approvers and requestor...

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.