Benjamin Mathia Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

restrict I/O access in OCMQ tickets started by a specified group

Jump to solution
hello experts

I have a problem and need your help.
I have a ocmq form tickets which I need to implement the following.

When a ticket is created for X department the Y department may not modify, only approve or reject the ticket.

How I can achieve that? I have two groups, DEPCOM & DEPSEG; the ticket that DEPCOM starts must be approved or rejected by DEPSEG but they can not make any changes in their fields.

I hope you can help me.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: restrict I/O access in OCMQ tickets started by a specified group

Jump to solution

Two options:

--manually set all the form objects read-only using DVD conditions. Honestly, for approval phases, most of my customers want the approvers to be able to add activity comments but only allow the change admin to edit other fields, so I usually use a format for that phase and DVD to restrict edit access.

--Define a wizard to allow that group to add/edit attachments even though they cannot make changes to the record when viewing the record outside of the wizard. 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
5 Replies
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

You can configure the phase controls for the phase to restrict edit capability.

Assuming that the dept value in the contact record will identify the logged in user as a member of DEPSEG:

To prevent the DEPSEG group from modifying the record you could change the update condition to:

$lo.dept <> "DEPSEG"

To restrict only tickets opened for the DEPCOM department from being edited by DEPSEG, you would have to reference a field in the record that identifies DEPCOM as the target dept:

if recordField in $L.file="DEPCOM" and $lo.dept="DEPSEG" then false else true

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

OK..

but I got a question. the second solution must be implemented at the form designer?. field by field ?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

The update control, if it evaluates to false, will automatically result in the entire record being set to read-only. A user with approval rights will still be able to approve, but they will not be able to update the record otherwise.

There is no need to use form-level DVD if the control condition restricts edit access. Both examples above were samples of expressions you could use as a control condition.

For example, and update control condition of

assigned.dept in $L.file isin $lo.pm.assignments | opened.by in $L.file=operator() | index("SysAdmin", $lo.ucapex)

would allow:

--members of the assignment group to which the record was assigned

--the operator who opened the record

--a system administrator

To update the record. For all other users, the record would display as read-only.

Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Excelent...

but what if I have to give permission over a single field. The attachment field in this case. All others field in the form must be R/O to DEPSEG, except this field. This is because the depseg group add security documents to the record.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Two options:

--manually set all the form objects read-only using DVD conditions. Honestly, for approval phases, most of my customers want the approvers to be able to add activity comments but only allow the change admin to edit other fields, so I usually use a format for that phase and DVD to restrict edit access.

--Define a wizard to allow that group to add/edit attachments even though they cannot make changes to the record when viewing the record outside of the wizard. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.