Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

rmq.update issue

I'm trying to do the activity for the ocmq table. For a activityactions table I made a update record for the ocmq table. I encountered a problem initializing the field assigned.dept in $L.file.save. I opened the rmq.update process and put the following entries in Pre-javascript and Post-javascript tabs, like print(system.vars.$L_file_save) and print(system.vars.$L_file). After updating the field assigned.dept in quota, Pre-javascript printed a different values assigned.dept for $L.file and $L.file.save, but Post-javascript printed the same. I cleaned all the significant expression, RAD-application "rmq.update" only works with the default settings. I get the same value for assigned.dept in $L.file and assigned.dept in $L.file.save.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: rmq.update issue

Hi,

$L.file.save is the record saved in the database and $L.file the record in memory that will be saved in database. Here is an example:

1- Suppose that we have a SD ticket SD0001 with title "HPE Support" already saved in the DB

2- A user looks for that interaction and he/she modifies the title from "HPE Support" to "HPE Service Manager Support"

3- In that case, title in $L.file.save has "HPE Support and title in $L.file has "HPE Support" to "HPE Service Manager Support"

This happens also with variables like $L.file0 or $L.file.old depending on the place you're. 

That's the OOB behavior so, it's important to know if you have modified that variable before it's sent to the process.

Regards,

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: rmq.update issue

Hi, Luis

For rmq.update process, I pointed...

"Pre-javascript printed a different values assigned.dept for $L.file and $L.file.save, but Post-javascript printed the same."

it is a problem, it seems that the RAD-application rmq.update overwrites the variable $L_file_save.assigned_dept.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.