Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

schedule file export for device

Hello,

Nowadays I´m using Service Center 6.1.4 and we´re planning a migration/upgrade to Service Manager 9.30.

I have a schedule "file export for device", where I export (using Application file.export) all register from device table, but some times it broken reaching a 2Gb file size limit. My OS is a RedHat using ext4 file system.

Anyone know if there is this limit at Service Manger 9.30?

Thanks in advance,

Yann

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: schedule file export for device

Maybe the user does not have the 2GB limit privilege (like root).

You can try the two workarounds:

Split the unload or run SM Server on Windows to do unload

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: schedule file export for device

Hi,

Because SM is a 32 bit process so 2G is file size limitation. Possibly we can wait for future 64 bit SM release. At the moment only can be define specific export data or directly backup database to workaround it.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.