Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

schedule maintenance task did not run

Hello Experts , 

please wish to get your help  about schedule taks , 

i created a task , and too make sure that is configred correcty , i copied one of the already created of the demo data . and filled the Effect tab . it did not run . the Schedule Maintance Hook is created and configred OK 

i see that it is not run at all , as the next run date and time do not change , and the excution history is = 0 

what could be the reason to do so. 

on the other hand , can you please help to know how to configre a task to run every day . or to run every houre for

thanks in advacne 

Thanks and Best Regards
------------------------------
Amr Salah
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: schedule maintenance task did not run

The trigger for schedules to run is a background process. Typically, the "Scheduled Maintenance Hook" schedule record is executed by "problem." You should check which process is used for your "Scheduled Maintenance Hook" record (the "Class" defines the backgrond process that runs the schedule record) and ensure this process is running.

If this is the case, check to see if the schedule record gets called, by looking at the "Expiration" and "Action Time" fields on the schedule record. The record typically gets run every minute (check the "Repeat Interval" value on your schedule record for your actual repeat interval) so you should see a time stamp that's older than 2 minutes. If you do, there is an issue with either the backgrond process or the schedule record.

If this record runs OK, there might be something amiss with the configuration of your Schedule Maintenace task. And the first places to check is the log file and scmsg log.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Do you know if the problem background Process is running?  problem should be listed in the Class field on the Scheduled Maintenance Hook schedule record.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Thanks Josh

i doubled check as per your ideas , i found that the HOOK is configred correctly  and the process "problem is running " i attached here a screen shots of of what i found and for the task i created for your advice  

what do you think . ? please tell me how to find the SCMSG log 

thanks 

Thanks and Best Regards
------------------------------
Amr Salah
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.