Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

sd_serverservice.exe won't start automatically as a service

Jump to solution
Hi

I have SD 4.5 (SP17) installed and the "hp OpenView service desk 4.5 server" service does not start automatically at windows startup. The service is set to automatic and Log On settings are correct.

I can see the following in the Application Log which I think is related:

===
Type: Error
User: N/A
Source: hp OpenView service desk 4.5 server
Category: None
EventID: 4096
Description: The Java Virtual Machine has exited with a code of 1, the service is being stopped.
===

I have microsoft JVM version 5.0 (release 5.0.0.3810) included in the SD SP17 media installed plus Java 2 Runtime SE v1.3.1_03

Thanks
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: sd_serverservice.exe won't start automatically as a service

Jump to solution
Hi

If you have SQL server than it is reason of your problem. After restarting Windows starts SD_server service and THAN SQL server. Service Desk tries to connect to the not started DB and gives you this error.
To eliminate the problem you must make dependence of sd_server service to SQL service. To do that go to regedit:

HKLM->SYSTEM->Control Set->Services->HP ov service desk 4.5 server->edit->add value:
Data type = REG_MULTI_SZ
Value Name = DependOnService
Enter "MSSQLSERVER" in the window appeared.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Can you start the service manually? Do you have the database on the same server? If so then you sometimes find that Service Desk tries to start but because it can't find the database it shuts down.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
hi!

If you can start the service mannuly, then you can try reinstallservice.bat

This will remove the services and add the sam again.

-Ashly
http://www.geocities.com/helponhpopenview
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi

I do start the service manually and works properly.

I have tried reinstalling the services with the bat file but same result.

And yes, the Database is installed in the same server.

Isn't it related to the Java error I get in the application log?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi

If you have SQL server than it is reason of your problem. After restarting Windows starts SD_server service and THAN SQL server. Service Desk tries to connect to the not started DB and gives you this error.
To eliminate the problem you must make dependence of sd_server service to SQL service. To do that go to regedit:

HKLM->SYSTEM->Control Set->Services->HP ov service desk 4.5 server->edit->add value:
Data type = REG_MULTI_SZ
Value Name = DependOnService
Enter "MSSQLSERVER" in the window appeared.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.