dam_all1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

set service field in custom template

Jump to solution
Hi to all

I created a custom template to apply to a new change.

I setted some field like affected CI, Impact, initiator, assignment, etc but I cannot set the field "service" that is mandatory in a new chhange.

"service" is a first voice of "affected CI group".

can someone help me please? I'm working on HP SM 7.10

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: set service field in custom template

Jump to solution

In the cm3r datadict, the affected.item field is assigned the Usage Type of "System", which designates that it is a system field that is determined by the SM application. System fields cannot be included in templates. Fields like open.time, updated.by, etc. are good examples.

This appears to be a mistake. I'd change the Usage Type to either Data or Application.

Note that you will not be able to add affected.item to any existing templates. In my experience, it will only be available in templates created after you alter the datadict record.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
3 Replies
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

In the cm3r datadict, the affected.item field is assigned the Usage Type of "System", which designates that it is a system field that is determined by the SM application. System fields cannot be included in templates. Fields like open.time, updated.by, etc. are good examples.

This appears to be a mistake. I'd change the Usage Type to either Data or Application.

Note that you will not be able to add affected.item to any existing templates. In my experience, it will only be available in templates created after you alter the datadict record.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
dam_all1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

thank you for you help.

I used tailoring-> data policy to set  "usage type" of field affected.item on "Data". when I created a new template the service field show up.

thank you.

0 Likes
Piku Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi All,

As John said "not be able to add affected.item to any existing templates n my experience, it will only be available in templates created after you alter the datadict record."

So is it possible to update existing template for changed usage type fields, as creating new templates with same name will be very tedious task.

using sm7.03

thanks,
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.