sm 9.2 installation failure (autopass not generated)
windows 2008 Server R2
MS SQL 2005
I am trying to install SM 9.2. When it comes to generate the autopass license nothing happens. & when i try to upload the demo data i cannot. it's always giving me license verification failed.
I have checked this forum & i have increased the shared memory but nothing is happening. same result.
I have tried to re-install the sm 9.2 software & i have noticed that it installs just the windows server files not with the autopass (unlike in sm 7.11)
Can someone please tell me how to overcome this?
The initial installation of the one-time, 60-day auto-pass license updates the registry to ensure that you don't just keep reinstalling to extend the license. Instead, request an evaluation license from HP.
Note that in 9.20 the LicFile.txt is now located in the SM Server/RUN directory.
Thank you for your reply.
I have successfully installed SM 9.2 but now i am facing another problem.
I have jdk1.5.0_12 & tomcat apache 5.5.29. when i start the tomcat apache service it give me an error message: windows could not start the apache service. for more information please see the event log .... something like that...
Do you know what can be the problem?
I had installed SM 9.2 on windows 2003 R2 Platform.And the Auto Pass was not running in this version.Can i use licfile.txt under server\run ?
thanks in advance.
Autopass validation is much automated process. As you are saying SM is not able to load tables in DB that means some connection parameter is wrong or error with dsn might be possible.
During installation SM creates one installation log file where sm installation exists try to check for actual reason behind error.
I had not installed SM on these Servers before.
My problem is now resolved after looking in the sm.log file and finding the message "groupbindaddress xx.xx.xx.xx is not a valid local address" "getInstance() failed". The 'Server' guys had changed the IP address of the Server(s) without letting me know - once corrected, instantOn generated and subsequent SM import ran without error.
My suggestion to anyone having this problem would be check the sm.log for clues as to the cause...