Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

sm -restart scheduler restarting server

Jump to solution

Hi!
i made linker as stand alone servlet and try to restart it using sm -restart:0 -pid:xxxx but server servlet restarts together with linker.
do you know the way restart linker by javascript without restarting main servlet with users?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: sm -restart scheduler restarting server

Jump to solution

The example in the online help included the host id. Try using the host parameter as well. https://docs.microfocus.com/SM/9.60/Codeless/Content/performance/concepts/example_restart_one_process.htm

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello 

Thanks for contacting us 

can you please let me know if this is being executed on the main server, or thru the network, because i think you need to add the host ip address or host name to the command to make it work.

BR!

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks, but i do it on test server and it is stand alone.
there is only one server servlet and only one external schedulet (linker).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi There,

If you have a requirement of restarting linker whenever it goes down, you should check something about "Anubis" scheduler. By enabling anubis scheduler, the system automatically handles whenver any BG system processes are down. Anubis scheduled record is calling apm.anubis application from the scheduler. 

Or you can try adding following line in sm.cfg of any of your servers that you trust more (app or LB):

sm scheduler linker

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

i added in sm.cfg and wrote in cli - sm -restart:0 -pid:(pid stand alone linker process) and....... ta-da - server restarted too.
I wrote it in topic start.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

The example in the online help included the host id. Try using the host parameter as well. https://docs.microfocus.com/SM/9.60/Codeless/Content/performance/concepts/example_restart_one_process.htm

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.