Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

specific cm3r.search format for a user role

Experts,

we recently moved to SMv9.41 P4 on hybrid. 

I am looking to provide a specific cm3r search format for a certain set of user role users. In the previous version , we were able to do it from cm3profile of the users. Now I tried to give the same serach format from secRights table , but its not showing up for that security role.

How do we provide a separate change search format on a Process designer based system ?.

please guide.

thx

dev

I am Listening..
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Hello,

You can use the Display Screen (Screen ID: cm.search.display)
Use the "getRoleRights" function from the Scriptlibrary "security" to check whether the operator has the appropriate rights
and then set the variable $L.format to the required search format.

Best Regards

Tobias

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Thank you very much for the reply.

display screen approach won't work as multiple user roles are there for whcih I need to provide different search format option. 

There should be an out of the box way to do this on secRights or secArea where we could do this ?. 

I am Listening..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Check the file settingsConfig (Setting: =Change) There you can specify which fields in Additional Rights can be used in the user roles

Best Regards,

Tobias

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.