Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

take a knowledge base offline or Delete its content

Jump to solution

Hello Experts , 

i have an inquiery regarding knowledge managment 

we have a customer requirement , that he need to disable the KM Base of interactions and inicdent, as the customer need the SD agents to use only Doc in the knowledge Lib. and igonre the interaction and incidents Lib. so he like to prevent SD agnets from seraching in it at all .note that this library is full indexed before and users can search in it , 

some how i know how to stop KM Base from bing updated and get indexed . but whatever is exited in it is still searchable 
so i think i need to find a method to take this KM offline , this way it will not select-able in the "search in" option . or at lease to delete the current content in this knowledge base .

any ideas ?

Thanks and Best Regards
------------------------------
Amr Salah
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Re: take a knowledge base offline or Delete its content

Jump to solution

Dears 

with the assitance of MF support , i found that it is possiable to take the KM Lib down, simply remove the KM search engine name from KM lIb. setting , this will remove all the indexes and take the KM down , to get it back online you need to full index it 

Thanks and Best Regards
Amr Salah

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Does he want to keep the indexed Interaction and Incident libraries? If not then he can just delete them and keep only the Knowledge_Library. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

thanks  bertt

could you please tell me how to do so , to remove the indexed docs from interaction libarary 

should i do it from the database (what is the table ) or there are some way form SM it self 

thansk in advacne 

Thanks and Best Regards
Amr Salah
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

What version of Service Manager? Also, is this classic Knowledge Management using SOLR or Smart Analytics using IDOL?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

thanks again 

SM version is 9.52, and currently still using the calssic KM with SOLR Engine . we have a plan soon to go for SA but not done yet .

thanks again for you help 

Thanks and Best Regards
Amr Salah
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Run through the following steps on a Test system prior to running on Production. 
Ensure there is a backup of the system prior to running these steps

1. Select Library
2. Choose delete from the toolbar
3. The question asked "Are you sure you want to delete the <library>?"
4. Library will be deleted
5. All scripts and triggers specific to this library will be removed
6. Indexing will no longer occur for this table as the library no longer exists.

Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks for your idea , but i feel it is not safe to totaly remove the Lib at all of the system 

Thanks and Best Regards
Amr Salah
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Dears 

with the assitance of MF support , i found that it is possiable to take the KM Lib down, simply remove the KM search engine name from KM lIb. setting , this will remove all the indexes and take the KM down , to get it back online you need to full index it 

Thanks and Best Regards
Amr Salah

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Yes, this can also be done, but you also need to ensure that you've disabled the triggers. The KM triggers will fire each time someone opens, updates or closes a ticket thus adding a record to kmknowledgebaseudpates. Since KMUpdate will not be running for that library the kmknowledgebaseupdates table will grow exponentially and never be cleaned out.  You can test this by updating an Incident or Interaction (or whatever for whatever libraries you've disabled) then check the kmknowledgebaseupdates table. If you see record with an Action of U then the triggers are still firing.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.