Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

the description of the menu system

Need detail description about menu system in SM (9.3x)

How to change\setup\... 

For example, i take menu ESS_Subscription - there is parameter there contact.sub - what is mean this options ?

Where can i edit this parameter to change form, view, table..... ?

0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: the description of the menu system

These are RAD applications.  Each RAD application can have certain parameters and values passed to it.  Of course, none of this is documented very well, if at all.  What I recommend is looking at other menu records, looking at the different line items and trying to understand what they do.  Then try to mirror that in the menu you are editing to see if you can get your desired results.

If you have problems, and have a specific thing you are trying to do, put it in this forum and I'm sure someone can help you with the exact RAD app and values.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Thank you for answer.

That's what I was trying to do. But unfortunately this is not enough to make the required change.

For example see attach - what is passed as a parameter in the process and what is trying to run the system ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I don't see any attachment.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

The "se.call.process" RAD app calls a Process record, in this case, its "contact.sub".

Go to Tailoring - Document Engine - Processes.  Search for "contact.sub". From there, on the RAD tab, you can see that it calls another RAD app,  "scm.advanced".  This RAD app pulls up a queue with the inbox of "Individual Subscrpitions", I think

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Thank you.

Found it. But what i get when open this:

"No view named "Individual Subscriptions" exists. Queue will use the default query."

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Individual Subscriptions should be a record in your inbox table. Maybe you can recreate it.

Mine looks like:

Name: Individual Subscriptions
Table Name: Subscription
View Type: Table

View fields: nothing defined
From navigator, launch as Record List
Query: (subscriberType="contacts" and subscriber=$lo.contact.name) or (subscriberType="dept" and subscriber=$lo.dept.fullname)
Use normalized query: true
Audience: everyone
Manager: falcon

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I cant create it.

There is no such table in dropdown list when i start creating.

The final goal is to display to the user a list of his subscriptions. But not from the Subscriptions table that contains the subscription id like logical_name (this "code" not informative for the user). Need display the fields (as columns) from the DEVICE table (e.g., model, type, istatus,...) and only those, wich have status ACTIVE in Subscriptions table.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Here is an unload of the inbox. Download this and rename the extension from jpg to unl and then load it into your system.

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Thank you i did unload it.

But this is steel not enough to use it. Because displayName(from Subscription) not enough for users to understand what is this.

May be there is a method to add information (model, istatus, location, manufacturer,...) from DEVICE table for this displayName (=logical.name for DEVICE) - to display it for user ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

To be honest, I don't know if that's allowed from an ESS license agreement.  You should ask HP Support.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

May be LINK (VJ) from Subscription to Device

or 

query from FC for this form to get data from Device

or

may be possibale greate temporaly data as table view to display it 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.