Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

uCMDB Department Push to HPSM

Hello,

During the push of Departments from UCMDB 10.2 to HPSM 9.35 using the the default "ServiceManager Adapter9-x" UCMDB is appending the  filename="dept" in the Request name and for some reason this makes HPSM skip the reconcialite rules... I have the following topic in the UCMDB form asking how to remove this filename attribute https://community.saas.hpe.com/t5/UCMDB-and-UD-Practitioners-Forum/uCMDB-Department-Push-to-HPSM/m-p/1594379#M10830.

Does anyone face this situation?

Why this attribute filename change this behavior?

How force the reconciliation rules to run no matter what?

Any ideas?

<CreateucmdbConfigDepartmentRequest>
Returns:          <messages>
            <cmn:message type="String">Department record updated.</cmn:message>
         </messages>

<CreateucmdbConfigDepartmentRequest filename="dept">
Returns
      <messages>
            <cmn:message type="String">file:(dept) key:(dept=XXX,company=XX) (se.base.method,add.record.radd)</cmn:message>
            <cmn:message type="String">The record being added contains a duplicate key (se.base.method,add.record.radd)</cmn:message>
            <cmn:message type="String">This record contains an invalid duplicate key.</cmn:message>
         </messages>

Regards,
Breno Abreu
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
2 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. AChandler Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: uCMDB Department Push to HPSM

Hi, Breno! Have you checked adapter's XSLT mappings for every place that the department push is defined? Not sure about dept, but I know there's a few different mappings for device. There's probably one mapping file which has all the RequestNames for either that push or all pushes, and then there's probably another (or more than one) mapping which populates the values in the push. I'm not a uCMDB expert, I'm afraid, but it's very strange that it should be pushing without that tag/value sometimes and with it other times...

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. Josh_MM Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: uCMDB Department Push to HPSM

I just posted some comments on this in the uCMDB thread.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.