Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Acclaimed Contributor.. brav0 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

unable to open unload file 'system.unload\dbdict.unl' in read mode

Experts,

I had done the system load in the past, but today while trying to do system load, i am getting the error as in screenshot.

File load error.JPG

Tried removing the dbdict.unl file from the system unload directory, but still it is showing up the dbdict.unl related error.

Any suggestions.

Thx

dev

I am Listening..
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. brav0 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: unable to open unload file 'system.unload\dbdict.unl' in read mode

The commands I am running in the admin mode from the cmd line,

from psh, .\sm.exe -system_load -system_directory: <path to unload file> 

If I try to load individual unload file , it loads successfully. I cannot continute doing that as there are more than 1000+ unload objects in the folder

Individual file loading is done with the below command, i was able to load dbdict.unl file successfully.

.\sm.exe file.load <path to unload file .unl> NULL NULL winnt -bg

I am Listening..
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: unable to open unload file 'system.unload\dbdict.unl' in read mode

From your screenshot, it looks like you passed the sysyem load command, the path to a single file instead ot the path to the folder containing all the unload files.

Have a look at https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM835446 for examples.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.