Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Acclaimed Contributor.. brav0 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

unrecoverable error while applying the custom patch

Jump to solution

Experts, 

I am dong the upgrade from SM9.20 to SM9.41 

My path of upgrade is SMv9.20 -- SMv9.31

SMv9.31 -- SMV9.31PD

SMv9.31 PD -- SMv9.41 P4

We did the upgrade in development environemnt and created the custom patch. 

I did the upgrade in QA environment and it was successful. Now before the production move, i am trying to repeat the upgrade in one of a sandbox environment.. 

I am able to upgrade the application till SM v9.31 PDCP3.

While trying to upgrade from SMv9.31 PD3 to SMv9.41 P4, i am getting the error while applying the custom patch .

The record being added contains a NULL key (message,add.schedule)
file:(schedule) key:(schedule.id=) (message,add.schedule)
Key #7 is empty. (message,add.schedule)
Invalid connection type (apm.upgrade.import,connect.qsam)
unable to open connection (apm.upgrade.import,connect.file)
unable to open connection (apm.upgrade.import,connect.default)
Unrecoverable error in application:  sm.upgrade.ux on panel call.apply.upgrade
Unrecoverable error in application:  apm.upgrade.wizard.ux on panel load.upgrade.inf
Unrecoverable error in application:  apm.upgrade.load.objects on panel load.upgrade.inf
I am Listening..
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: unrecoverable error while applying the custom patch

Jump to solution
I was able to fix this issue. Issue Reason : I am moving from HP Sm v9.20 to V9.41 hybrid. The interim hop was on Sm9.31 & Sm9.31 PDCP3 . The error was pointing me to take a look at the filename from the patch folder. I tried to test the apm.upgrade.import rad application by proving the arguments manually from the RAD application and it was failing at the script library. On further digging, upgradeFileHelper scriptLibrary is building the ' .inf' file . The gl variable $G.pd.change.enabled was going false for me and it was creating the wrong file name . After correcting it my chaging the workflowLocation field on the object record of cm3r to category, issue got fixed.
I am Listening..
0 Likes
7 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

hmm..

Interesting,.. if you look at the custom patch folder which I have uploaded in my first post, the upgrade information file is name as upgrade-pd (??). I dont know how this came in.

Based on the error , i looked at the rad application panels, it is just trying to load the upgrade files. I renamed the upgrdae-pd 

to upgrade , tried applying the upgrade patch by running smupgrade, to my surprise it started loading :)//

will Post my updates ..

I am Listening..
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution
No luck yet.. Its not working yet. Any guidance on this error.
I am Listening..
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. Josh_MM Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

It looks to me that the path / filename parameters don't point to the actual upgrade file, or aren't accessable (access rights?).

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution
Thank you for the reply Josh. I am running the upgrade locally from the server itself. I was able to run the upgrade successfully from SMv9.20 to SMv9.31 and then applying custom upgrade patch for PDCP3 also. No errors during that 9.20 to 9.31 PDP3 upgrade.
I am Listening..
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Experts,

I am on HP SM 931 PDCP3 and moving to HP SM 9.41P4 Hybrid. 

In my development and UAT environment, I was not having any issue while doing the application upgrade from 9.31PD3 to 9.41 P4.  I read about the below article when I recieved the error during upgrade in my new environment.  Can you please tell me if I still could apply this patch before my custom upgrade patch ? .

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/km/KM01824722

Thx

Dev.

I am Listening..
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution
The record being added contains a NULL key (message,add.schedule) file:(schedule) key:(schedule.id=) (message,add.schedule) Key #7 is empty. (message,add.schedule) Invalid connection type (apm.upgrade.import,connect.qsam) unable to open connection (apm.upgrade.import,connect.file) unable to open connection (apm.upgrade.import,connect.default)
I am Listening..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution
I was able to fix this issue. Issue Reason : I am moving from HP Sm v9.20 to V9.41 hybrid. The interim hop was on Sm9.31 & Sm9.31 PDCP3 . The error was pointing me to take a look at the filename from the patch folder. I tried to test the apm.upgrade.import rad application by proving the arguments manually from the RAD application and it was failing at the script library. On further digging, upgradeFileHelper scriptLibrary is building the ' .inf' file . The gl variable $G.pd.change.enabled was going false for me and it was creating the wrong file name . After correcting it my chaging the workflowLocation field on the object record of cm3r to category, issue got fixed.
I am Listening..
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.