Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

update a ticket without showing updated by or updated time

Hey Experts,

I need your help please.

We have SM 9.52.

We have multiple SLAs running on each ticket, each one depends on a certain criteria.

We have created multiple custom fields for each SLA or SLT so that whenever SLA Breaches, the related custom field will be updated by a certain value.

I have created a script that runs in the background & it's working fine. However it shows that the class name (from the scheduler) updated the ticket & it shows the update time.

What I need is to run the scheduler & update the tickets, but I don't want the Update Time & Updated by fields to be modified because of the background process.
Is that possible? 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: update a ticket without showing updated by or updated time

You can do it by disabling the triggers just before you update the ticket from SL. Just make sure you enable them again just after and to avoid any problems create a specific agent for this to not have the risk to have any standard agent doing things without consider triggers.
To disable triggers: https://docs.microfocus.com/SM/9.60/Codeless/Content/programming/system_language/reference/rtecall_trigger_function.htm?Highlight=rtecall%20trigger
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: update a ticket without showing updated by or updated time

Hi BrenoAbreu
Thank you for your reply.
Could you please help me how to add this function in Javascript?
Thanks again.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.