Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

upgrade Java & Tomcat

Hi Guys,

I have a question. Our security team are asking us to upgrade all Java & Tomcat apache to the latest  version.

we have SM 9.30 
Java 6
Tomcat Apache 7

Will this have any impact on HPSM Application or Web Server? 
If we upgrade the tomcat, will this have an impact on port 8080?

Please let me know.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: upgrade Java & Tomcat

My view is that if you have to follow the orders of your security team, you have to upgrade to SM 9.4x branch which supports Apache Tomcat 8+ and Java 8. 

I recommend reading SM support matrices for different versions or contacting HPE support to get a clear picture which SM versions support certain technologies.

As far as I know, Apache Tomcat port settings are fully configurable and you may keep the port 8080 if you wish to. (I'm not sure if I understood your question correctly.)

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.