Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

web client compatibilty

Jump to solution
web client compatibilty

i installer service manager 9.41 and the webclient sees to be compatible with he version Internet explorer 11.any way the customer inssist to use IE 8 ,is there any way i can do it in oder to make the HPS 9.41 compatible with IE8 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Rawan.

hope you are doing fine.

According to your description I would like to share with you the compatibility matrix in case you want to take a look:

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/km/KM01793337/service_manager_941_support_matrix.pdf

If you go to page 9, on web client section you will be able to see that SM 9.41 supports IE 11,  if you go to page 10 in the "NOTE" section you will read:

" IE 10 is no longer supported because starting from January 12, 2016, Microsoft ends technical support and security updates for IE 10 running on Windows desktop operating systems. "

This means that if IE 10 is not supported for sure IE8 on SM 9.41 is really dificult to support, I can let you know and I am pretty sure that there is no way to do SM 9.41 supports IE8, I believe this browser supports SM 9.32 or SM 9.33.

My suggestion is use IE11 if you want a positive performance of the tool based on the compatibility matrix.

Hope this helps.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Rawan.

hope you are doing fine.

According to your description I would like to share with you the compatibility matrix in case you want to take a look:

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/km/KM01793337/service_manager_941_support_matrix.pdf

If you go to page 9, on web client section you will be able to see that SM 9.41 supports IE 11,  if you go to page 10 in the "NOTE" section you will read:

" IE 10 is no longer supported because starting from January 12, 2016, Microsoft ends technical support and security updates for IE 10 running on Windows desktop operating systems. "

This means that if IE 10 is not supported for sure IE8 on SM 9.41 is really dificult to support, I can let you know and I am pretty sure that there is no way to do SM 9.41 supports IE8, I believe this browser supports SM 9.32 or SM 9.33.

My suggestion is use IE11 if you want a positive performance of the tool based on the compatibility matrix.

Hope this helps.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.